Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:27pm - Mar 3,17 
This past month has been absolutely amazing for me. The above average temps really got the fish going. I've fished the waterfalls off Harlem on the Cal Sag many times and have never done any good, but decided to give it one last shot this year, and it ended up being very much worth my while. I caught six carp there within a few hours, with the biggest being 10.4lbs. However, I was told that even though it is a public park and there aren't any "No Fishing" signs posted, the Water Reclamation District has started kicking people out for fishing. I swear every year they take away another one of our fishing spots. Anyway, I was able to get out the next day with my buddy on the Des Plaines River. We each ended up with 16 carp and two catfish (we each caught 8 carp and one cat) with a total weight of around 100lbs. Unfortunately I lost three fish, one of which could've been around 15lbs. Overall it was one of the best days of fishing I've ever had. A few days later I tried another spot on the Cal Sag that I've also been skunked at many times, but this time I was able to pull in a 13lb carp. I tried bass fishing twice this month with no results, so hopefully I'll be able to get a bass in before March ends.
10.4lb Cal Sag Carp
Des Plaines River Carp (All between 8 and 12lbs)
13lb Cal Sag Carp

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:52pm - Mar 3,17 
Nice job! Awesome getting out there and having success in the beautiful weather.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:16pm - Mar 3,17 
That's a lot of t-shirt pictures for a February post. Glad to see you made good use of our unseasonably warm February.

I practice catch and release. Catch and release into the grease.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - Mar 4,17 
hope your killing the carp

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:15am - Mar 4,17 
Nice job carp killer.... Tuff looking stache and chin whiskers u got there broski.... Good post and report..... Later mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45am - Apr 24,18 
[quote="connor1196"]This past month has been absolutely amazing for me. The above average temps really got the fish going. I've fished the waterfalls off Harlem on the Cal Sag many times and have never done any good, but decided to give it one last shot this year, and it ended up being very much worth my while. I caught six carp there within a few hours, with the biggest being 10.4lbs. However, I was told that even though it is a public park and there aren't any "No Fishing" signs posted, the Water Reclamation District has started kicking people out for fishing. I swear every year they take away another one of our fishing spots. Anyway, I was able to get out the next day with my buddy on the Des Plaines River. We each ended up with 16 carp and two catfish (we each caught 8 carp and one cat) with a total weight of around 100lbs. Unfortunately I lost three fish, one of which could've been around 15lbs. Overall it was one of the best days of fishing I've ever had. A few days later I tried another spot on the Cal Sag that I've also been skunked at many times, but this time I was able to pull in a 13lb carp. I tried bass fishing twice this month with no results, so hopefully I'll be able to get a bass in before March ends.
Des Plaines River Carp (All between 8 and 12lbs)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:21pm - Apr 24,18 
Glad to see your back at it and reporting connor. Nice fish and report. Keep them coming.

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: