Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:32am - Nov 21,21 
Fished Spring Lake to 39 bridge. River in great shape- clean and low. Down at least 5 feet in 2 weeks. Fishing however was poor. Verticle jigged all my spots 12-25 foot and only a half dozen 16"ers. Hopefully they shoe up soon. No white bass either.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:41pm - Nov 21,21 
Wow Spring Lake is usually great for both species this time of year and when the water gets high some normally move up the 39 and hold there.Thanks for the report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:36pm - Nov 21,21 
Are there any public boat launch's on the illinois River I would like to try it next spring

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:25pm - Nov 21,21 
Starved Rock,Barto in Spring Valley and Hennepin.There is also a launch in Peru but not always open.Upstream there is a good launch in Ottawa and Morris.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:55pm - Nov 21,21 
Ok thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:49am - Nov 23,21 
Fished at starved rock Sunday casting cranks. A couple bass, other than that Asian, grass and buffalo carp were eating crankbaits. Hooked in the mouth. I've caught Buffalo this way in the winter Musky fishing but was surprised at the other two species also attacking.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57pm - Nov 23,21 
Maybe they have moved to the winter holes already? Gonna see for walleye and crappie around Morris tomorrow, bringing minnows with just in case they have slipped deep.

Also (2) launches at Marseilles, and a launch at Seneca - Illinois River probably has the most access of any river in the area, of course learning those areas takes years of TOW because man those fish just decide to move and not tell anyone.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05pm - Nov 23,21 
Anyone got a water temp. ?
Noaa at Lasalle is hard to read,thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:29pm - Nov 24,21 
Is it good for walleye at morris

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:09pm - Nov 24,21 
gaff wrote:
Anyone got a water temp. ?
Noaa at Lasalle is hard to read,thanks

I saw about 42 on Saturday down by Hennepin

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:48pm - Nov 24,21 
Fished today. 39 bridge to spring lake. 12 foot to 25 foot. Jigging and pulling floaters. 2 sauger and 1 snagged white bass. Very slow. Not a bite at spring lake. River in perfect shape. Don’t know where they are.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Nov 25,21 
tgoman10 wrote:
Fished today. 39 bridge to spring lake. 12 foot to 25 foot. Jigging and pulling floaters. 2 sauger and 1 snagged white bass. Very slow. Not a bite at spring lake. River in perfect shape. Don’t know where they are.

Go downstream. Hennepin south.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:04pm - Nov 26,21 
fished out of Morris weds AM - water temp was 39.1. Tried casting for walleyes in the rapids near the damn with no luck. Got a massive catfish on a plastic trying for smallies. Switched over to slip bobbers and got about dozen crappie, lost half that many as it was such a gentle bit, had really wait a long time and then gently get them to move without dropping the bait so you could set the hook. Probably give Ottawa a try see if I can find some Saugers.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:41pm - Nov 26,21 
Thanks for the report Rat will miss seeing them.I'm in a tan and green Crestliner now give me a wave if you see me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:34am - Nov 29,21 
Hit Ottawa on Sunday - started out at ADM in 20-25FOW. Wind was starting to pickup against the current as the sun was peeking over the trees so I pulled minnows as boat control to jig would be tough. Got fish right away, but no size, most 10-13". Got a half dozen on the first pass, reset for second pass and the wind was roaring now right down the chute and the river was whitecaping. Made another pass but boat control was even more of a struggle, very hard to stay on course but still got 6 more. Tug showed up when I was starting 3rd pass and started moving around barges, wind was gale force now coming down the chute, so I picked up and left. Started at the train bridge and pulled minnows all the way to the top of the high school. Landed some very small fish and had lots of stolen and skinned minnows. Jigged the high school hole back down and caught one or two tiny fish. With the roaring wind and cold packed it up and was done by 11:30am

Action is there, just not the size. Ran a crank for a short time with no takers, jigs with plastics got bites, minnows on floaters was best(also what I used most)

PM me if anyone wants contact info to exchange fishing reports

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Nov 29,21 
Good report River Rat. I will be there this Saturday. Sunday looks to be a little nasty with weather

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:28pm - Dec 4,21 
Hit Ottawa today - started at ADM and was same as last week, hot action, small fish. Biggest was 13" and most where well below that. Pulling or jigging worked but they liked minnows. High school was a bust, not many, and very small. Got a few at Heritage Harbor, my buddy did better than me just free lining a crank. If you are brave as of last week they were still up at the dam, you need to go all the way up the rapids, pick your way through the boulders, then hard left to find the hole near the powerhouse. If you still have your transom, lower unit, and prop you can probably get some nice fish there.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: