Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:34pm - Mar 28,18 
Today was a slow but steady day. Started out across from the boat launch had decent luck till a deep running barge went thru,then I went to the tip of the big island and fished between the 2 red cans and scored a few more then they opened the locks for the next barge and stirred up all the leaves on the bottom.I tried up around the dam with no luck so I headed down river and found the vermillion pouring in muddy water so everything downstream from there was dirty.I fished the last few hours below the bridge by starved rock on the south side getting fish from 13-17 fow.I was 15 for about 30-40 bites,they were really short hitting today and too much stuff coming down for a stinger hook.They were in the midst of spawning so everything went back,the males were like squirt guns.If you go friday or saturday call ahead because the K3 might be sending some dirty water down.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:31pm - Mar 28,18 
retired trucker wrote:
Today was a slow but steady day. Started out across from the boat launch had decent luck till a deep running barge went thru,then I went to the tip of the big island and fished between the 2 red cans and scored a few more then they opened the locks for the next barge and stirred up all the leaves on the bottom.I tried up around the dam with no luck so I headed down river and found the vermillion pouring in muddy water so everything downstream from there was dirty.I fished the last few hours below the bridge by starved rock on the south side getting fish from 13-17 fow.I was 15 for about 30-40 bites,they were really short hitting today and too much stuff coming down for a stinger hook.They were in the midst of spawning so everything went back,the males were like squirt guns.If you go friday or saturday call ahead because the K3 might be sending some dirty water down.

Thanks for the report RT. I had thoughts of Saturday, but waiting to see how the weather turns.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: