Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:52pm - May 25,21 
I made a last minute decision to go for whites this morning and am glad I did.After waiting for the usual late opening of the gate at SR-6:20 today I finally wet a line at around 7:00.My go to spot was good for 40 fish before it pooped out then I went looking around and found herring and whites feeding heavily at a creek mouth.It looked like a hail storm and all I had to do was cast into it.I was using a 1/8 oz. jig and a pearl sparkle twister and an emerald shiner 4" fluke on the other rod.I hit 100 on my clicker just before noon and headed home.All fish released and had flat bellies so I think the spawn is over.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:50am - May 26,21 
Nice, sounds fun. Thanks for the report.

Of topic but do you know any information about the explosion at the state park a few weeks back, couldn't really find anything on the intrawebs.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:55pm - May 26,21 
It's been real hushed up,I can only assume they got into some of the explosives the construction crew had and made a big mistake.We used to blow stumps on my cousin's farm out that way and less than a stick of dynamite would throw it way up in the air.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: