Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:02am - Nov 5,18 
Black Carp around Seneca - I've been bass fishing this section a lot this year and on about every trip since August i've snagged a 40lb+ Black Carp, with some that probably could go triple digits. I wasn't sure at first what they were, thought some hybrid of grass and big head but did some research and can ID them as Black Carp. I tried to get them in the boat but too big for the net, and too slippery to try and lift in(hook in hand waiting to happen) many times I'm left happy I get my crank bait back. I was v-jigging in 17FOW and snagged 4 - two I got a look at in clear water probably 3'-4' and snapped my 8lb fireline crystal like 4lb mono. Other two got to side of boat and shook off.

I hear a lot about bighead and silvers - but what about these guys? Before this year I had never caught one - so what makes this year different that I'm seeing enough that once a weekend I'm snagging one?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Nov 5,18 
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages ... -Only.aspx

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:24pm - Nov 5,18 
I saw that while doing research and gave the guy who runs it a call and left a message - if they will give that $100 to sport fisherman you bet I'm going to try a lot harder to get those suckers in the boat next time!

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: