Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:47pm - Mar 22,08 
Quote:
agian in a flash of the key she ran like a champ smooth at all rpm's

I guess the old saying is true.

Wanna run fast, run a merc.
Wanna run forever, run a rude.

Glad to hear all is working out for you.
Make sure ya post with that first coho or brown caught in the new boat.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:41pm - Mar 23,08 
Finally remeberd to get some pics:
first the transducer mount for the trolling motor
the casting deck now completed
she claens up pretty nice
I also started the rigging process, made my own slide tracks and mounts for my board, well aluminum 2x6 tube
stii have some modifing on these but you can get the jist of the removable mounts, I did'nt really want the board that high but the motor dictated that when it was trimmed up.
you can see my attempt at upholstry on th back seats, and my old girl peeking out of the garage.
And my face has been stuck like this since it started on the first try!!!!! :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:14pm - Mar 24,08 
wsj can't wait for the picture of the dark blue carpet with all those coho scales on it.......hard to clean too when wet.. :roll:

Very Nice HOEH, keep up the good work.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 08:01pm - Mar 24,08 
Said it before, I'll say it again...ya do nice work.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:26pm - Mar 25,08 
would'nt you know it, just as I get it almost ready I start on 11 hour day's and I have a little time after work to play, (if I can drag my old arse out there) an finish her up for the weekend if the weather lets me out!!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:11pm - Mar 25,08 
Gotta pay for it some how :roll: Glad to see your still working.

If the big pond does not look friendly wsj will find a hole to crawl into on the K3 in search of some eye's. 8)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19pm - Apr 12,08 
OK I finally got in touch with the previos owner of the boat and got the state issue bill of sale from him today and will have the tags in order I will shoot for next weekend to be out on the water. spoke with him about the motor he told me the last time he had it out the motor would open up nice for a minute and the rpm's would start dropping till about 1/2 speed, I am thinking the carb kit will have taken care of it. Any thoughts on this or troubleshooting tips????????

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:42am - Apr 13,08 
Yep the carb job should do it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:16pm - Apr 13,08 
Run a can of SeaFoam with your first tank of gas. Have that motor purrin like a kitten.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:55pm - Apr 21,08 
Took her out sunday for the first of many trips to come, headed out off pastric to give her a run she ran great so I put the hammer down and ran over to buffington to cast for some smallies cut through the waves and had a smooth ride I'm feeling pretty good about this time and then, :( rpms dropped down to nothing, hit nutral and all was good put it in gear and same thing, limped back to pastric by that time she would not start, got her home to find the vro, oil pump or what ever you want to call it must have had gummed up from sitting for a couple years she was getting some oil but not enough, was getting some sort of crazy vapor lock, when I pulled the line off the pump it sounded like the air comming out of a ballon( over exagerate) but you know what I mean, took every thing apart and cleared all the crap out put it all back together and ran it for an hour in the driveway, When I ran her the first time she was not burning alot of oil, minor smoking even when I goosed her, after cleaning, the cloud was much more like the cloud I was looking for at first, I think I have solved it, I could'nt get her back in to give it another run because I told the wife the day I put her in I would buy her a new oven, me and my big mouth, the rest of the day was picking up and installing my trade off for the boat, maybe next weekend!!!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:56pm - Apr 21,08 
Lose the VRO and mix the oil in the gas by hand.JMHO

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:05pm - Apr 26,08 
took a ride and the same thing happened, I watched the fuel filter empty, so I popped the fuel line and she would run great on the fuel in the line,good suction from the pump, and the filter is not cloggeg. I would put the line on pump the ball and it runs great for about 10 minutes until the gas in the filter starts dropping and the rpm's drop agian, only when in gear it will run in nutral fine but you put it under load and this starts all over agian, it runs like a dream until this problem starts I am lost unless one of you have some insite, if not its time to take it to a shop

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:13pm - Apr 26,08 
Hey Hoeh
If the filter is before the bulb and you watch the filter empty as you run sound like your sucking in air between the filter and the tank or maybe the inner wall of fuel line from the tank is pinching down.

Try a seperate fuel can and see how she runs.

Good luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Apr 26,08 
I had an '88 Johnson 90hp that ran like a clock for 15 years. Never a problem with the oiling system. The key was to only use OMC or Merc Oil. I was given a new sealed gallon of Walmart Oil from a friend and when I went to pour it in I found "lumps" of something in it. No wonder people had problems with their oiling system.I can also tell you that my motor would go into "limp" mode and drop to 1000 rpm if the oil flow was cut off. It was supposedly to be safe to run it for a short time without damage. That could have been what you experienced. I would suggest if you run quality oil the VRO is great. I could troll for 8 hours with no load up or carbon fouling. You can't do that if your pre-mix your gas. Nice job on the boat!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08pm - Apr 26,08 
Mike F I was watching the filter on the motor, I had someone drive while I was at the motor.
Nitewing the motor goes all the way down until it wont start unless I release the back pressure on the gas line????????? I'm stumped!!!!!!!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:19pm - Apr 26,08 
possibly the wrong fuel filter, too much restriction.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:38pm - Apr 26,08 
Hoeh, Any chance the tank vent/hose was pinched or blocked during reassembly ?.........murph810

Chitown-Angler

Location: Des Plaines, IL 185 Nitro, 150 Merc XR6, Silver/Green

Post Posted: 08:51pm - Apr 26,08 
Could the fuel pick up in the tank be clogged/damaged. Soundz like it quits when fuel demand goes up. Think the fuel pump could cause this too. As far as the VRO, I never had a problem w/ the one I had, and I could troll with a 60 all day without fouling the plugs.

Monk

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05pm - Apr 26,08 
TIGHTLINER dont think its the filter when I pump the ball with it not hooked up I can shot gas about 3ft in the air with min presure
MURPH I since talked to the guy who owned the boat 2 yrs ago and before it sat for 2-3 yrs he was having the same problem
FNG she runs like a champ, ran from pastric to buffington, she was fine until I backed off the throttle, and then I am getting some sort of back presure, when this starts the ball is like a rock and you cant force gas into it. It has to be somthing stupid, 10$ part that will cost hundreds to find it!!!!!!!!!!could it be as simple as the fuel hook up at the motor, it is making me crazy with all these things going through my brain. I will go cry in my beer tonite and try agian tomorow

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:56am - Apr 27,08 
Try replacing the primer bulb.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » The Tackle Box » Boats And Motors
Jump to: