Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:48pm - Jan 14,08 
Well we will all be here to chear you on..... :clap2

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:51pm - Jan 15,08 
Good luck on your project, last spring I did my bottom paint, glad will not have to go thru that again!!! Is that trailer a tilt? sure don't look like it to me.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:39pm - Jan 18,08 
Hoeh,

A friend of mine is working on the same kind of project. He needs ideas where to get marine grade plywood ect. ect. ect. I'll have him sign up on this site so he and you other project boaters can have a pretty darn good network.

later

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:36pm - Jan 20,08 
Making some progress, got all the damage patched in and started the casting deck, it's not hard to see the 2 storage and batt holes. I sealed the bottom of the treated deck also this time,and with sealing the seams and the burn down I am rethinking covering the whole deck with a second deck, it's solid as a rock as it sits. somthing to ponder this week

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:52am - Jan 21,08 
Hoeh, I sure admire your ambition and talent. Speaking as a guy who has never tackled such a project, one question I have is ventilation for any left over/future moisture, and gas tank fumes below decks under the rubber material..........murph810

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:40pm - Jan 21,08 
Murph I was thinking the same thing but as far as I can see with the old deck being sealed with glass the manufactures thought on the chamber under the tank for the drain that is roughly 8"X10" front to back is the only vent they put in so I just followed suit with them, with all internal tanks they are vented required by law by the boat builder. It is a crestliner, so I will trust them. :D

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:24pm - Jan 21,08 
:goodjob........... murph810

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 10:42pm - Jan 21,08 
Lookin' good HOEH, lookin' good! :red

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55pm - Feb 8,08 
finally found the time to get a little work done this weekend, picked up the casting deck material, and the rubber for the whole deal, I am also going to try to swap trolling motors from my other boat, also decide to mount the seat bases in the floor and rubber over all but the the hole, it will cause a small hump, but it's under the seats, I am going to keep the orignial seats, they are so damn comfortable I cant get rid of them, I will have to have them done when I upholester the rest of the boat( next winter)
I will have some pics up sunday

the motor is not far off,FNG was nice enough to offer me his mannual for this motor a while ago so at least I have a blue print this time around, it will be well worth the drive to pick that up,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51pm - Feb 10,08 
Well the progress report is as follows: I got the casting deck finished, up to the point of putting the rubber down, all storage hatches hinged in place, seat mounts in on the casting and main deck, trolling motor swapped from the old boat, I need to hit it with the shop-vac and she is ready to be sealed and carpeted next weekend. the front hatch stowes the foot pedal of the trolling motor to leave the deck open when not in use, 2nd hatch can hold a batt, anchor, fire ext,marker bouy's,and a few other odds and ends, until I can run a fuse block and put the batt in the stern. the idea for the deck coming between the console was to hinge the hatch from front to back so it will lock into the windshield when closed and block all wind and spray, worked like I planned it or somthing :shock: I went to get some pics and the daughter drianed the batteries, it's to damn cold to go any where so they will have to wait til tomorrow!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:36pm - Feb 22,08 
my puter had a melt down and was out for a while so I have almost finished pics for all of you to check out. I will start from front to back,
OK after alot of pondering I think I got what I want out of the limited space so to the main deck
I have the 2 back seats to reskin this weekend and the deck will be enough to fish out of until I get the seats and side rails done down the road a bit. I am trying to time this so it will be warm enough work on the motor with the ears on, so far so good, I have to work on buffing the finish, not to much but there are a good amount of scratches to deal with. Painting and rewiring the trailor are also in the near future, with the weather the way its going I just might have enough time to do both before it gets warm. On a side note did you get a good look at my work space, I think I got 14 new lumps on my noodle!!!!!!!!!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:45pm - Feb 22,08 
Looking good, At least it's inside where you're working, low clearance or not.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:58pm - Feb 22,08 
Hoeh
Looks great.
She will be ready before ice is out.
How many lumps per man hour does that work to? :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:30pm - Feb 22,08 
Hey Mike, way more hours than lumps, I guess the trade off of hiding form the wife in the garage all weekend for a month is worth it, when it is as cold as it has been she wont even come out to bother me :lol: the pics are not doing her justice,I will open the garage door for more light next time. Looks like this weekend is out for any work on the boat, Mike from Mik-Muffin called and he is a man down for the valpo fishing show, so if anybody is going out there stop by his booth and say hey. He has had the biggest booth every where so far with most of his shop on display, and does some great seminars on the south side perch fishing, I have been fishing with him 100 times and did'nt know these things were going through his head until I listened to him speak at one of them,very good info he is passing on!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 04:56am - Feb 23,08 
Hoeh, ya do nice work alright. Boat got a name yet?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Schaumburg, Ill. Lund 1800 pro-V 175 yamaha Hpdi & t-8 kicker

Post Posted: 05:49am - Feb 23,08 
Quote:
boat got a name yet? I think he schould call her "head knocker" :wink:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:25am - Feb 23,08 
Hey Hoeh,
With using that rubber membrane are you going to have any circulation underneath for trapped water or gas fumes?
Just don't want to see all that work get rotted due to trapped water that can't escape.
Great work by the way! Looking good!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:31pm - Feb 23,08 
Murph and I had a brief posting on this at the top of the page, as far as the casting deck there is a hole where the trolling motor cable goes into the hatch as well as where the gas line comes from the side of the boat, under the deck,tight along the front of the passanger console, I left air space around both for this reason and will also store it with the center hatch open when getting soaked, I will take some pics to show what I did a little better. If you look back to the pics of the old floor before I changed anything, you can see the tank has air space around it and a chamber under also that all that all leads to the drain. this was the only vent crestliner put in befor having sealed the deck with glass so I followed their lead. Also under the seats in the back there is a couple vent holes in the floor.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:40pm - Feb 23,08 
Hey Bearsfan the first name that comes to mind "stool sample" other words piece of sh-t, but I am trying to change that :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:11pm - Feb 23,08 
:D

Hoeh, I'm starting to think you just might have some idea what you're doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » The Tackle Box » Boats And Motors
Jump to: