Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:31pm - Nov 25,07 
OH NO gonna do it again, it's been 3 years since I put the last one together, this time I don't think it will be that bad, just got to repair the floor, a little upholstery and a lot of TLC maybe a carb kit for it.

just waiting for the owner to find all the paper work and the fun will begin

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 11:59am - Nov 26,07 
What kind of motor is that?

Axe the front seating in favor of a casting deck :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:30pm - Nov 26,07 
Hey WSJ, its got a 70hsp evinrude on it, and yes there will be a deck up front with some storage, its not much longer than what I have now but it has a 7ft beam and a deeper v than mine, also the internal 20 gallon tank I will be able to make some runs with it, so it is a bit more LM worthy, I hope all the paper work is in order so I can get started on her. the boat is not the problem but the title for the trailor is in question, I here applying for a new title is a big hassle and takes forever

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:19pm - Nov 26,07 
She seems a little underpowered? What's her max?

Fun looking project though. I love projects. I have lots of them around the house that I just start and don't finish. LOL

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:37pm - Nov 26,07 
only a 16ft boat, my 15'9" only has a 50hsp and tops out at 28mph so I think it will be fine, with a kicker for trolling it should do what I want it for

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:18pm - Nov 26,07 
Quote:
Fun looking project though. I love projects. I have lots of them around the house that I just start and don't finish. LOL

Ever notice how the projects you start are hard to finnish but a buddy calls with a project and you have plenty of time to help.
Other peoples projects are more fun!

Hoeh
Good luck with the project. I bet a project party with adult beverages would get you all the help you need!!LOL
I know from previous posts you are a pretty good wrench, but with all the talent around here I am sure there is help or knowledge if needed.
Heck a run over the Indy line sounds like fun.

Keep us posted as the fun goes on. :D

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 10:00pm - Nov 26,07 
Deep V and 70hp just might work for a lone fisherman, but add a crew :roll:

Found out the hard way with wsj's craft, upgrade on the motor hp, problem solved.

Looks like a good project, but make sure you check the max. hp limit, gotta belive you will be upgrading the motor soon after your done. That is a DEEP V and will push alot of water. Should work well on the big pond the way you fish it. FYI my friend.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:32pm - Nov 27,07 
WSJ take a good look at that last pic,there is about 1 1/2" from the boat to the trailor, do you think trying to load will cause damage, should I try adjusting the bunks or do you think the rollers are compressed from sitting for a couple years, as far as the motor the last owner say's she topped out at 38mpg with 2 men and gear. What hsp are you runnin on your craft? what is your top end. now you got me thinkin about it

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:08pm - Nov 27,07 
something doesn't look quite right there. Is that the original trailer? Looks like the traler is for a modified V and not a deep V. IMHO.
Are those 4.80 size tires or larger? Make sure you don't get into something undersized.
Looks nice otherwise.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51pm - Nov 27,07 
Its a shorelander trailor with the larger tires, it used to have the side bunks on it but he stole them for the boat he now has, airgo, part of the project

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:51pm - Nov 27,07 

The trailer seems small for the boat. The over the whole boat strap has not been used in many years for boats that size, most use the transom tie downs. The front roller and bunks seem to be adjusted UP to their max. With the boat sitting far back on the trailer, you may not have much adjustment, got to check the tounge weight first (should be about 100lbs for an out board). Have to agree with Cory, seems the trailer is suited better to a mod-V boat, and would guess a 14' one at that. Buyer beware :shock:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03pm - Nov 27,07 
it is set up for the transon tie downs but like I said he stole alot off this set up over the last couple years for his new set up.the lower bunks are only 2 inches or so from the back of the boat, I can pick this whole deal up for $400 and a the generator I was selling so if it costs a few bucks I think it will be worth the price. took it for a compression test and it was sound so I can double that for the motor alone

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:28pm - Nov 27,07 
I just noticed that this trailer is a "tilt" trailer. Thus leading me more to belive that it was built for a mod v, and may be under sized for the boat.
The front roller has been modified to accomodate the higher size from what it looks. What size axle is it?
I don't want to talk you out of anything, just as WJS said, Buyer beware.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:42pm - Nov 28,07 
dont worry, I dont think you could talk me out of it with a gun for the price :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:23pm - Nov 28,07 
HOEH wrote:
dont worry, I dont think you could talk me out of it with a gun for the price :lol:

Don't worry, wsj and Cory were not talking you out of buying the craft.......

We were simply making the first of many chore list for it :roll:

Sure it will be fine once the works all done and the fish need cleaning. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Dec 3,07 
sorry Wsj was out of town for a bit I know there is alot of unexpected extras that are going to pop up on this and every fixer upper, If only you could have seen the state the boat I have now was in. It looked like a bigger boat puked or shat and thats what I ended up with. so thanks for the construtive critisism, there was no ill feelings about anything said or the warnings the two wise men were giving.and cory the creek pics were great, Iv'e been talking to a couple of guy's out of MC but they all lie about the status of the creeks, the very day you were out, they gave reports that there were no fish in the creeks?????????

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 08:02pm - Dec 3,07 
HOEH,

Looks like a great project ya got there. Take plenty of pics.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:33pm - Dec 3,07 
Bearsfan wrote:
HOEH,

Looks like a great project ya got there. Take plenty of pics.

wsj hopes our friend HOEH follows in your footsteps Bearsfan.........you did a great job of teaching all here about your project. Not only did you receive the benefit of the knowledge base here, all those who viewed the fine pictures and comments of your project learned, and NOT the hard way.

thanks,

Get those pixels warm HOEH, we stand ready to help ya. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:16pm - Dec 4,07 
I will have some better pics up by the weekend, I am going to move it into the garage thursday morning,put a batt in her and see what is working and whats not, the good thing is no money will be exchanged until I give it the once over. Mike from Mik-Muffin is a very old friend of mine and the exchange will all be done with trust and no cash up front until I am sure I want to get into it. The guy's at the bait shop are stand up people and have always been nothing but the best of friends to me. so thanks agian WSJ and Cory I voiced the concerns you put up on the board and Mike was more than happy to let me do my thing before I make the final decision on it!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:24pm - Dec 5,07 
Is Mike the heavy set guy, great guy. did not realize you got it from those fine MikLurch folks.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » The Tackle Box » Boats And Motors
Jump to: