Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:43pm - Jun 26,20 
Fished a lake yesterday with good bass and pike in it.I was targeting largemouth with a texas rigged plastic worm and it didn't take long before the bites came.Unfornately the first bite and hookset I was snipped of my lure. The next 2 after that ,the instant the line tightened the line was cut. The last bite I actually got the pike within 2 feet of my kayak and the little pike shook himself off.Only having one steel leader with me I intentionally targeted pike with swimbaits and topwaters with no results. It seems strange that pike will hit texas rigs off the bottom but they do. Does anyone have an idea how to rig a plastic worm for pike, that can withstand the teeth of pikes.Didn't hook a bass that day and don't like leaving tackle in the mouths of escaped fish.Maybe braided line is more cut resistant?I typically use 10lb.trilene on my bass rigs.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:31pm - Jun 26,20 
You can look into tie-able wire like TUF LINE makes. That will at least give your Texas Rig somewhat of a natural appearance since you can't put a traditional leader in from of a T-rig. Other than that, there isn't much you can do with 10lb mono.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Jun 29,20 
Fluorocarbon is much more resistant to biteoffs than braid. If I were you, I'd forget the bass and have a blast with the pike.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:32am - Jul 5,20 
Try Courtland Toothy Critter 10# single strand tyable single wire,about 12"leader of toothy critter tied to a small swivel then tie right to hook tie your main line to swivel and your good to go. I use it for jigs for walleye or bass fishing when pike or zebra mussels are a problem.

Board index » Lakes » Favorite Ponds
Jump to: