Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:29am - Jul 19,21 
Cannot always have it my way. I took the flyrod out to the west branch, early Yesterday morning hoping to lure some smallies into biting. The river was a tad fast and a little muddy (must have been some rain north) rather than my hoping to find a slower, clearer water. Not one bite! I started with a black Boogle Bug popper then switched to an autumn wooly bugger (thinking that the fish were hunkered deeper into the slower water nearest the river bed); nothing. from 6:45-9:15, I pounded the water in one location (I am a bit leery of the faster current and my knees) and even took off the flies and tied on a #6 hook with a plastic worm. Nada.
I was hesitant upon awaking early and fishing; thinking that I should rather read the Sunday paper over a cup of coffee. Sometimes, it is wise to follow your gut. But I had that cup @11. :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:43pm - Jul 19,21 
Still good to hear you got out, Chuck. Glad to hear those knees are keeping you mobile. Heed your instincts. We're smack in the middle of the "Dog Days". Fishing is tough everywhere.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:04am - Jul 23,21 
I chalk up days like these to fly casting practice!
My girlfriend gave me a great gift; a wading stick. Holstered on my right hip, it just flips open when taken out. That extra support really stabilizes the body taking a lot of stress off the knees.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: