Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:40pm - Jul 19,21 
It's definitely been slow. I have one "steady eddie" that visits everyday. A ruby-throated male. But that's it. I have noticed that he also prefers my Bee Balm flowers over the feeders as they are in full bloom this time of year. I'll try and get a pic.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Des Plaines, IL 185 Nitro, 150 Merc XR6, Silver/Green

Post Posted: 10:42am - Jul 21,21 
Am averaging about 4-5 visits per day. I have four feeders next to my wife's flowers. Goldfinches are improving.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:59am - Jul 26,21 
So kept an eye on my feeders....saw one come by and then took off. So my take was....yes still around........must have an issue with the feeder. Was only a couple weeks but checked them out and saw they were a little dirty. Ok...theres the problem. Cleaned them out and refueled and getting a "Steady Eddie" every hour or so. So that had to be the issue along with I think less around because theres more natural flowers blooming.

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:06pm - Jul 26,21 
I've noticed that on these hot days it's very slow and better days it's continuous.They are still coming early and late so maybe the heat is hard on their very active system.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Jul 26,21 
We have had activity during the morning and evening. They are completely ignoring our feeders right now. Not surprised by that with all the other options available right now. The lantana have been their favorite. My wife got a good pic the other night while we sat out enjoying a few cocktails. :drink

Go Big Red!

Last edited by husker on 11:00am - Jul 27,21, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:19am - Jul 27,21 
No picture but a very strange occurrence. Week of 7/10-7/17 we were fishing near Juneau Alaska. We were anchored up fishing for halibut about a half mile offshore when a hummingbird a Rufous Hummingbird (as I later learned) briefly hovered around my rod tip. The bird flew off in the direction of the shore and the rod started to twitch.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:16am - Jul 28,21 
retired trucker wrote:
I've noticed that on these hot days it's very slow and better days it's continuous.They are still coming early and late so maybe the heat is hard on their very active system.

Great observation and after keeping track, I agreed with you! I think my "Steady Eddie" is a juvenile. Really small and almost black with a orange band around its neck. Can't find anything to identify the type. It was here this morning around 9:30 and hung out on the perch, drank here and there and hung out for like 2 minutes.

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: