Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:32pm - Apr 25,20 
With the rain and crappie weather we got today,hunted for worms.
Got a dozen,mostly small.
Gonna get up early and hunt again-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30am - Apr 26,20 
Go at night after it rains. Best spots I found are in the dirt around trees in the yard. Its easier to get them in the dirt than the grass. My kids love hunting for crawlers. Go slow and don't shine the flashlight directly on them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30am - Apr 26,20 
i went last week about 1am after a evening rain. sawdust on your finger tips helps pull them buggers out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:51am - Apr 26,20 
I find that what works best, is putting RED cellophane over the flashlight lens with, a rubberband to hold it in place. The red light does not spook the nightcrawlers like a white lite does ! There used to be, and maybe there still is , flashlights,
that would interchange the lens from white to red Or green by a flick of a button ! if I need crawlers , i would hunt them AT NIGHT, AFTER A STEADY RAIN, OR A HEAVY SPRINKLING IF NO RAIN !
I always tried to look in dirt around trees and bushes, and where the lawns meet the concrete sidewalks or curbs . Lawns with little or NO FERTILIZER, always seem to have better concentration of crawlers ! Make sure you turn off all lights on house or drive for at least one hour before looking for the crawlers ! Never drive a vehicle on driveway right before you look , as the vibrations will send them back down in a hurry !

Every Good Worm fisherman should read the Book" TWICE,"called Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers, by the editors of FISHING
FACTS MAGAZINE , available from Amazon . Reading it twice will make you a worm EXPERT, as the book is loaded with good info ! I can not think of a better Fathers Day gift, then this ,for the serious fisherman in your Life ! :fishice

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18pm - May 14,20 
I just came in from looking. I sceent 3 night crawlers. I got one. They aren’t out by me yet.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:51am - May 15,20 
lukasz did you have all your lights off around your hoiuse ? Did you fertilizer your lawn this year or last ? These two items will make it hard to find nightcrawlers at night after a rain ! Look for lawns with lots of dandelions , as that means usually no fertilizers being used ! Read my post right before your post , and you will get all the nightcrawlers you want !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:52am - May 15,20 
Back when we used to go out for them regularly, we used to have our best luck hunting in the public parks like baseball fields and local pastures. Made our bedding out of newspaper and fed them corn meal. Used to get them bigger & tougher after about a week or 2 of taking care of them. Take good care of them and many a crawler can whip the average gill or little bass. Good Luck!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - May 15,20 
danjer - agree with you on the newspaper, i will also shred brown paper bags as they seem to like that. Also I keep the bedding pretty much dry, get the worms wet but not the bedding, and if one dies get them out immediately. Keep them in a dark cool place and you can keep them fresh for quite a while.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:36pm - May 15,20 
The greens at the golf course were loaded this morning and I couldn't believe the birds weren't feasting on them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:47pm - May 15,20 
I did well a few weeks back. Maybe after Sunday I will have better luck.

Board index » The Podium » Random Thoughts & General Banter
Jump to: