Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:48pm - Jul 21,16 
i just purchased a cabelas arachnid for my baitcaster setup. I wanted something that would work well with big crankbaits that I can also use for dragging in big fish on occasion if I wanted to try carp or cat or pike. The reel is actually made my Daiwa. It says right on it engineered by Daiwa and the handle has Daiwa logos on the grips. It shares the t wing technology as well as the z force brake system. The specs match a Daiwa tatula type R. The sales man pretty much confirmed its a tatula r under a cabelas name. The reel is a little cheaper then the true Daiwa and right now the 6.4.1 ratio is on sale for $120.

Now for my review I have used it twice for about 4 hours total and thrown probably a half dozen lures with it. I love it, the brake system is all externally adjustable and super easy to use. It is also very affective, I have yet to get a nasty birds nest and this is my first baitcast reel in over 10 years. Sometimes you just put to much behind the cast and you feel the line build up under your thumb but the brakes kick in slow the spool and by the time it hits the water no nest. Once you get the brake dialed in it casts a mile, already outlasting my spinning setup that was my only setup for years. So if you are in the market or just looking for a deal check it out. Daiwa website has a lot of info explaining how there technology works. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a pm and I will be glad to answer,

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 09:09pm - Jul 22,16 
Thanks for the review, and a good one at that. Next tell us about how well the drag system works when you got that monster one the line.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Hot Rods ~ Reels and Home Grown..... Baits of Course
Jump to: