Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:28pm - Jun 13,21 
I talked to a guy who was in a golf outing at my course today and he said they were getting limits out of Portage, but no specific area.My tow vehicle is down temporarily so I can't get there to try it.Good luck if you go.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:22am - Jun 14,21 
It is about time. I tried 2 weekends ago out of South Haven nada. I'm am ready for some Lake Michigan perch chatter. Weather permitting I'll be at it Friday and Saturday and I will report good or bad

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:15pm - Jun 14,21 
retired trucker wrote:
I talked to a guy who was in a golf outing at my course today and he said they were getting limits out of Portage, but no specific area.My tow vehicle is down temporarily so I can't get there to try it.Good luck if you go.

RT I sent you a PM

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:08pm - Jun 14,21 
There were some caught last week before the wind switched. If you wait for a report, you’re probably too late. Hopefully the week of north winds in the forecast turns out wrong.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:30pm - Jun 14,21 
The winds will be switching Thursday to hopefully clean the water back up.My truck is fixed so I might go to my way out spot Thursday for a couple hours.It's a crap shoot spot that holds jumbos at times.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:14pm - Jun 15,21 
I seen limits out of M.C. also, I tried and only found 1 each time out. Soon it should get really good.
Very shallow water and a very early bite

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:02pm - Jun 15,21 
https://glbuoys.glos.us/45170 I find the Great Lakes Buoys to be a great source for temperature at surface and depth the link is for the one off Michigan City. Friday looks like (NOAA) 2 to 4 footers for me out of S.H. on Friday so fingers crossed that Saturday settles a little. On the glbuoys site I especially watch Water Temperature Line Graph and look for stability. It doesn't necessarily mean I'll be free to perch when the stars align however. One more thing I always troll a bait usually a Flicker Minnow in and out of the harbor and pick up my fair share of summer steel. Tight lines

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:39pm - Jun 16,21 
Not going tomorrow there might be big residual waves 8 miles out where I want to go.If anybody goes out of Portage friday please post or pm me,I have an invite from another member for saturday if conditions are good.Thanks Keith

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:26am - Jun 21,21 
only fished perched Saturday out of South Haven - I could not find them. I did hook a summer steel as I trolled back just inside the port. I turned to see the sliver beauty about 5 feet in the air. 0 for 1 but he put on a show for the 30 or so people at the pier S light house before the cursing stared as he fought his way to freedom. I caught a bunch of drum up to 12# mostly on AuthentX Pulse-R 's fished erratically on a jig head. Reliable line stretching fun if all else fails. I'll get on the perch next time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:12pm - Jun 21,21 
I was a guest on Wilbur's boat saturday launching out of Portage.He had a report from a friend about trying the Beverly Shores area.We cruised the area and found the deeper holes marking fish in all of them but no bites,so either they weren't perch or just not feeding.The wind kicked up after 10:00 so we headed in beating 3 footers all the way.We only got 1 perch but I have a new spot to try and know where the nearby bait shop is.Thank you Bill.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:49pm - Jun 21,21 
Went out of M.C. thursday and headed west, fished 7 am to 1pm, 3 keeper perch, all returned to be caught another day, 3rd time out, seen a few small , very small pods with no bites. Marked tons of alewives or shad schools and thats where we would pick 1 up. Should be on soon, tried to get more in the freezer before I get my knees replaced starting june 30th. Ugh
Fish On boys looks like a good perch summer ahead for you.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Perch
Jump to: