Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34am - Dec 16,20 
Hey everybody hope all are doin well, so I’ve gotta vent. I don’t know how many of you have seen the utubers with the young
Guys that do a lot of stalking and sneaking into bedding areas on foot it is pretty exciting to watch.don’t know if I can say name or not
Now this season I have seen a lot more younger guys out but they are trying this and destroying the odds of seeing any deer I mean I’ll be in the tree by 430 and at 630 u get these kids wandering around thinking they are being stealthy. Any body how knows knows that don’t work here to little of space and a lot of guys in woods it’s just getting ridiculous I’m hoping some read this and stop. FRUSTRATING 7 hours and then have 3 kids wandering around just wanted to know how many of ya have been having this problem.Happy Holidays to all of ya that sit still in the woods.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:21pm - Dec 16,20 
I’ve learned that hunting public ground can be difficult but that’s hunting public ground. 2 out of 3 days duck hunting I had someone set up less than 150 yards from me.

As for deer hunting 10 years ago I had enough and bought my own property. It’s about the only way to prevent nonsense from happening. And that will not always solve the problems.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:14pm - Dec 17,20 
There was a father and son that use to push deer the whole firearm season at Iroquois. Same as you said, in the stand early just to have someone walk right up to you. I gave them the finger every time. Needless to say I do not hunt public land anymore.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:47pm - Dec 17,20 
fishinfiend wrote:
Hey everybody hope all are doin well, so I’ve gotta vent. I don’t know how many of you have seen the utubers with the young
Guys that do a lot of stalking and sneaking into bedding areas on foot it is pretty exciting to watch.don’t know if I can say name or not
Now this season I have seen a lot more younger guys out but they are trying this and destroying the odds of seeing any deer I mean I’ll be in the tree by 430 and at 630 u get these kids wandering around thinking they are being stealthy. Any body how knows knows that don’t work here to little of space and a lot of guys in woods it’s just getting ridiculous I’m hoping some read this and stop. FRUSTRATING 7 hours and then have 3 kids wandering around just wanted to know how many of ya have been having this problem.Happy Holidays to all of ya that sit still in the woods.

Is it legal to hunt from the ground where you are hunting? I understand some sites require you hunt from a tree stand.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45am - Dec 18,20 
Hey watsonater, yeah it’s legal but in the areas I hunt there is already more then enough pressure from other guys hunting and not enough
room land wise to have people stalking like the way they do out west.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:36am - Dec 18,20 
fishinfiend wrote:
Hey watsonater, yeah it’s legal but in the areas I hunt there is already more then enough pressure from other guys hunting and not enough
room land wise to have people stalking like the way they do out west.

That sounds very frustrating. I assume you are talking about The Hunting Public youtube channel. Some of the most informative content out there but I have seen the few spot and stalk videos they put out and thought the same thing that they may send the wrong message to hunters, especially new & impatient hunters and for those hunting smaller parcels of public land.

I know a friend of a friend who spot and stalked a big buck but was on private property. This was not his intended tactic but he spotted the buck bedded and crawled within 10 yards after 2 hours and took down the buck once standing up. He specifically stated that he saw this on The Hunting Public youtube channel and probably never would have tried it otherwise. I could see this going wrong more times than not.

Were these guys walking with knocked arrows? I believe that is illegal.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:02pm - Dec 18,20 
hit the nail on the head with all that, that’s exactly what’s happening and yeah I think it’s an
awesome show too. Get you fired up watching them guys get that close, and not that I could see with the arrow nocked.

Board index » Game Bag » Antlers
Jump to: