Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:04am - Dec 30,19 
Anyone else noticing an increase in coyote activity where they are living lately? I live in Carol Stream and the last couple of weeks during day light hours I'm seeing coyotes wandering the neighborhoods and streets around Carol Stream and not the forest preserves?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30am - Dec 30,19 
I live in Naperville (right along the DuPage River). It is not uncommon for me to see them; however, the other night I had a unique experience. I was walking the dog about 9:30 pm (90 lb Golden Doodle) and I had a coyote stand on the trail and watch me. Normally, they get spooked and run off but this one stood his ground. Didn't come after me us but certainly wasn't skiddish like the normally are. He was by far the biggest coyote I had ever seen -- stood hip high on me....and I'm 6'.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:32pm - Dec 30,19 
Usually on the night before or the days of garbage pick up, they walk the streets in my neighborhood. Seems like the easy pickings from the garbage pulls them into the area. They are not phased much when a car or person comes by.

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:08pm - Dec 30,19 
I saw one drinking a pina colada at the bar last night.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:19am - Dec 31,19 
Nice one

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:45pm - Jan 2,20 
I live in Libertyville and see them pretty regularly. Heck, this AM taking the kids to school I saw one in a neighbors backyard 3 yards down. I got back from Mexico two nights ago and tracks were all over the yard. I also have a couple cameras behind my house (in some woods) and get them on there every night. Good thing is they haven't been howling much lately but in the summer I hear them every night. I'm not going to lie, I'd like to take a few of the big ones out if I could.

We moved in last May and a neighbor told me that when they cut the long grass behind my house on a neighbors property the coyotes come out of the wood work and walk behind the tractor and grab mice/shrews, etc. I didn't believe him but first cut the tractor come out and as soon as he makes a few passes the coyotes come out and start hunting. Stood at my back fence and they would come within 30 yards of me without a care in the world as long as I stood still.

If they start coming around when the kids are in the yard, it might get interesting in my backyard.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:14am - Jan 9,20 
I saw that a 5 year old boy is currently hospitalized because of multiple bites to the head from a coyote. This happened around Lincoln Park (downtown area of Chicago). Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I had a feeling this would happen one day. Wishing all the best to the young man and his family.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:49am - Jan 11,20 
In the news last month. A small girl was in front of her house when chased by a Coyote. Villa Park.

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: