Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:47pm - Nov 4,19 
Is it legal to shoot squirrels in lake county with a gun? I recently started bow hunting in lake county and there is no gun season for deer so i assume it is the same for all game . Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I was unable to find the info on the il dnr website. Thanks in advance!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:56am - Nov 6,19 
Yes it is legal to hunt squirrels with a gun. Even though there is no gun deer season, there is a lot of 'gun' hunting that occurs in lake county, especially waterfowl hunting.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:15am - Nov 7,19 
Has to be a shotgun! Squirrel stew thewatsonator? I was out years ago at my aunt and uncles farm in Missouri squirrel hunting. My aunt liked squirrel. Told me better use your .22 and shoot them in the head or don't bring them back!! Didn't waste any squirrels...but brought her the limit!! Man that was fun. Seeing them look around when you missed and the bullet wizzed by their head was priceless!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:04pm - Nov 7,19 
bass1388 wrote:
Yes it is legal to hunt squirrels with a gun. Even though there is no gun deer season, there is a lot of 'gun' hunting that occurs in lake county, especially waterfowl hunting.

Ok great, thanks, that makes sense.

Geo7455 wrote:
Has to be a shotgun! Squirrel stew thewatsonator? I was out years ago at my aunt and uncles farm in Missouri squirrel hunting. My aunt liked squirrel. Told me better use your .22 and shoot them in the head or don't bring them back!! Didn't waste any squirrels...but brought her the limit!! Man that was fun. Seeing them look around when you missed and the bullet wizzed by their head was priceless!

Haha awesome. I'd do a buttermilk/flour fried squirrel. Had it last time I squirrel/rabbit hunted in Michigan and thought it was really good. Shot them with a .410 but would be using a .22 or high powered pellet gun in Illinois. Head shot will be key.

Board index » Game Bag » Upland Birds/Game
Jump to: