Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:20pm - Feb 10,20 
Went out 8am -6pm Saturday

Fished Channel first and found out there was a tournement on the lake, It was busy for sure Went to a spot off turtle that Reno shared with me. Picked away at smallish gills and say some crappie and huge shad. But no flags or crappie to be had. Decided to head north on the lake around noon and as soon as we left the tournament guys buzzed our holes. walked up to the sand bar and talked to some guys up there who were marking fish. Put the cameras down and did not see much but say some dead shad on the bottom, figuring it was shad on the flashers and not wanting to walk the whole lake trying to find a bite we decided to try deep lake.

On Deep by 2 pm and found out we had chosen poorly
NO pan fish bite on Deep at all. talked to guys who had been there all day and al said there was no bite.

Searched the North side extensively and exclusively ended up at least having flags pop at the end of the day.
I got a med length pike around 26-28, Steve got a hammer handle and Tommy set the hook on a fast runner hard enough to snap 2 inch chain and broke off.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:54pm - Feb 10,20 
You're not kidding about Channel,it took five hours today to put together around 20 keeper gills.Now if 1/3rd of the big gills that swam up looked at the bait and swam away bit it would have been a good day.A couple times I had 2 or 3 just looking about an inch away then just drifted off.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Fishing
Jump to: