Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:47am - Jul 1,14 
Come one come all....
What Tournament can you go to that costs $30 to enter and you have an opportunity to win $15,000???
Not to mention... 10 places for Chinook, Brown Trout, Lake Trout, Rainbow Trou and Coho Salmon! Oh wait there's more... Perch division, Master Angler Division, Kayak Division, Youth Division and the Shore Division.

Keep in mind we have moved the Tournament HQ to Reef Point Marina this year and we are excited for the opportunity and room to expand!

A huge change for this year is the requirement of everyone on the boat must have a ticket as well as when shore fishing with a group all must possess a ticket.
Another big change... we moved the Two on a boat to the closing Saturday July 19th with the captains meeting July 18th at Tournament HQ. This was requested by many anglers in the derby.
Be sure to check out our sponsor pages... and come down for the awards... we'll be giving away thousands in product again just by having a ticket you are given a free Raffle ticket. You also have the opportunity to purchase 3 more for $20 or $10 each. Max will be 3 extra.

Our entertainment lineup is full this year some come down to the grounds... we are also having a chicken dinner day and Fish boil.
To top it all off... you can pull into the designated 2hr parking slips at Reef Point marina to come weigh you fish... it's just a hop skip and jump from the dock to the weigh in. Another reminder is the SAR discount at Reef Point. Check out that as well on the website.

Hey... another exciting bit of news...
The "Master Angler" division has been changed a bit!!!
It's now the "Captain Paul Lohman "Rose Marie" Memorial Master angler"
We secured a great sponsor to increase this division payout!
Payout will be Guaranteed this year!!
$1,000 1st place $500 2nd Place $300 3rd Place $200 4th Place

New Menu items are in store... can you say "Cheese Curds!!!"... and some others!!! Stay tuned

Boat Tournaments are as follows:

Super Sweepstakes (July 12th captains meeting will be the 11th at Tournament HQ)
Two On A Boat (July 19th captains meeting will be the 18th at Tournament HQ)
Salmon Slam (9-day event)
Super Slam (9-day event)

Any questions feel free

Tom

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:24pm - Jul 1,14 
It's now the "Captain Paul Lohman "Rose Marie" Memorial Master angler"

Wow, RIP! Only met him a few times. I'll toss a few jplugs in the prize bin in his memory! Pm me on how to get it done.

It's all about the fun! If you can't laugh at yourself, we'll do it for you.
Big Rods Fishing Team & Tacklebusters

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - Jul 2,14 
Yes he passed in March... We felt it was a way to keep his legacy going!!! He was my great Uncle and will be missed!!!

Another note... Due to the amount of questions on the Salmon Slam (fiasco) To clear up any questions the rules are being updated to the following

ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEE
1. This tournament is open all Salmon-A-Rama participants except for those fishing on a Charter Boat. You must be registered in Salmon-A-Rama to participate.
2. The entry fee is $50 per boat.
3. All applications and payments must be received no later than July 11, 2012 at 7:00pm.
4. Charter Boats and or if you possess a Sport Trolling License ARE NOT eligible to participate.
5. Fish caught on a Charter Boat and or if you have any person aboard that possess a Sport Trolling License ARE NOT to be entered in the SLAM Division.

Keep in mind the Super Slam is open to anyone... no restrictions... besides the fish needs to be caught on the registered boat... see the rules online

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:42pm - Jul 4,14 
Question about the Shorebound Division:

You can fish anytime between the start on the 12th and closing on the 20th, and all Lake Michigan access points are eligible, correct? I would just have to register any fish that are caught at one of the weigh stations....

Being shorebound, I just want to be sure that I can fish overnights, then weigh a fish the following AM...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:14pm - Jul 6,14 
Yes... starting at 12:01AM on the 12th you can start... fish through the night.... doesn't matter.. Just remember you can only weigh your daily limit of fish. There is a polygraph for the winners so be aware of the laws for bag limits.

You are permitted to fish all of Lake Michigan as long as you can get there by foot and can gain access legally.

Tom

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Jul 10,14 
Hi just a question,when will we know what the days featured fish is?
say we start at 3 am Saturday, how will we know what Saturdays fish is?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35pm - Jul 10,14 
Realistically, how many days are guys getting out to fish for this tournament (Kayak division)? I think I could get out 3-6 times, but would hate to not even compete against someone getting out twice a day for the whole tournament.

Tucker Grover

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:57pm - Jul 10,14 
Just takes one big fish to win a nice prize. I'm shure there are a few fishing everyday. Most are probably like me, I hope to get out twice, would be thrilled with three times. It's great to be out there having fun, supporting a great cause - group and a chance to win big money!

It's all about the fun! If you can't laugh at yourself, we'll do it for you.
Big Rods Fishing Team & Tacklebusters

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Jul 10,14 
rodm wrote:
Just takes one big fish to win a nice prize. I'm shure there are a few fishing everyday. Most are probably like me, I hope to get out twice, would be thrilled with three times. It's great to be out there having fun, supporting a great cause - group and a chance to win big money!

I just read the rules and appreciate the response. I'm signed up and hoping I can land something worth putting on the scale!

Tucker Grover

Board index » The Tackle Box » Tournament Trail - A place to set your dates and get the word out.
Jump to: