Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:42pm - Apr 15,14 
Hey guys…well, unfortunately my buddy I've fished countless tourneys with is now fishing with his son, since his son has sincere interest in the tourney side of things now. I guess it's fortunate for him, because it's more quality time with his son, but now I don't get to continue fishing tourneys and I'm itchin BIG TIME!!! I've been fishing tourneys on and off for 16 years and I've been to multiple national tourneys through qualifying throughout the tournament trail seasons. I am actually looking to fish the Illini division of the BFL this year as well, for Co-Angler, with the first tourney being May 03 at Rend Lake, which I'm REALLY looking forward too! Anyways, I am really looking to get back into fishing local tourneys, but I need someone who has a boat and is in need of a partner. I don't even care if someone out there is looking to fish their very first tourney, but doesn't have a partner…I'm your guy. For anyone who has fished tourneys before, they know how addicting it is. I've been fishing for 31 years and bring a good deal of knowledge to the table, but as any good fisherman knows, there's ALWAYS room to learn knew stuff. I'll stop while I'm ahead, because this is starting to sound like I'm placing a personal ad... :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao . Anyways, if you have a boat, but lack a partner, shoot me a pm. The tourneys around here are in full swing already at Mazonia, Braidwood, Clinton, Springfield, etc. Hope to hear from someone. Oh yeah…I'm 6'2"…blue eyes…enjoy long walks on the beach…and early mornings on a bass boat...HAHAHAHA :bigyuck :bigyuck

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:22pm - May 6,14 
BUMP

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:41pm - Apr 3,15 
Just wanted to get this back up to the top again this season. I'm really CRAVING to fish some tourneys! The Happy Hookers have their Bass Bananza tourney Sunday April 12th at Braidwood...if anyone has a boat, but no partner, and they wanna fish it...let me know. That goes for any tourneys...I'm your guy! PM me

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:41pm - Apr 3,15 
Did you fish the BFL at Rend? I can't stand fishing there hoping to catch one fish. You should just fish the LBL division on KY Lake where if you don't have 17 pounds you won't win.

My wife is my normal partner for fishing tournaments but we have a 5 month baby girl so that is on the back burner. I'm fishin the SIU bass club and SIU fisheries benefit tournament next weekend on Egypt. They used to have a veterans tournament each year, but they haven't recently. My partner for this tournament is a veteran that can't wait to get on the water and is a pretty good fisherman.

If you get down this way give me a shout.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:43pm - Apr 28,15 
Still searchin...anyone in need of a quality tourney partner? Even if you've never fished a tourney, but have a boat, I'm game!!! PM me-

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:18am - Apr 29,15 
Grab a yak at Bass Pro and check out the KBL(Kayak Bass League), also check out Bent Rods Bass Club. I know these are different than the larger scale big boat tournaments, but it will get you on the water to compete with some local talent. The KBL series is a qualifying series for the Kayak Bass Fishing National Championship in Kentucky next year March 2016 which will have a decent payout. I'm doing my best to fish as many events from these two series this year.

http://www.kayakbassleague.com/
http://www.bentrods.org/

Here is another kayak fishing series that is local. http://www.kayakfish247.com/. I think this is the one that Rob from Lake Michigan Angler supports or is involved with.

Alex

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:44am - Apr 29,15 
Thanks for that info. I think I'm gonna join that Bent Rods Bass club. Was looking for something just like this. Do you have contact info for anyone in the club? There website is OK, but is missing some usefull information. Particularly under the schedule it has days and locations, but no times. Would like to talk to someone before mailing out a check.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:35pm - Apr 29,15 
info@bentrods.org is the email address. They are good at getting back to you. Once you are a member and register for tournaments, they email all the info. In general, check in is at or just before sunrise, fish until Noon, then check in your catch to figure the results shortly after. Next event is at Mazonia Ponderosa May 17th, registration is open now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:41pm - Apr 29,15 
Thanks sir. That pretty much answers my question. So like 5 AM to noon usually.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:55pm - Jul 11,15 
4 hours till it's waking up time for da tourney!!! Hopefully I'll be posting some great news tomorrow evening!!!

Sup-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:21am - Jul 13,15 
Superman_55 wrote:
4 hours till it's waking up time for da tourney!!! Hopefully I'll be posting some great news tomorrow evening!!!

Sup-

Hope you did better than me.

Fished the St Joe and holy crap did it suck for me! Did fine prefishing and was very optimistic starting the day. One of the worst days I've had fishing in years. And the weather was fine. :doh

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:39pm - Jul 15,15 
Sorry for the delayed follow-up post. The weather was PERFECT in the morning...cloudy and cool. That's when I got my two keepers, in and amongst a bunch of shorts. Then the sun and 95 degrees came out and they shut down. Still got shorts, but no more keeps. Oh well, there's always next time.

Board index » The Tackle Box » Tournament Trail - A place to set your dates and get the word out.
Jump to: