Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:57pm - Mar 2,20 
Ran into the Conservation guys at Eagle lake Sunday 3/1. They told me Pondo and Eagle ramps will be closed for the summer for road, parking. washrooms and dock installations this summer. Two more lakes about to be ruined. Eagle will never be the same.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:30pm - Mar 2,20 
hear about it last year they were just waiting for the funding !their also going to tear out the parking lot in the north unit by the office !! so they can remove the grass islands and make it all paved so the bass tournament guys wont be running over the grass and they will have it easier to stage for the tournaments !!! also will have fewer tournaments !!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:20am - Mar 3,20 
This? https://www.construction.com/projects/m ... life-area/

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:26pm - Mar 3,20 
OZ wrote:

Sounds like it. The guys want them to start now so it could open in fall. Eagle will never be the same. The only saving grace is that horrible gravel road for over a mile can only get worse.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:09am - Mar 4,20 
kodiak16 wrote:
Eagle will never be the same.
you keep saying that !!! what do you mean ?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:41am - Mar 4,20 
I'm not sure what the problem is with this? I mean... aren't better facilities and better ramps usually viewed as a good thing?

:hmmmm

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 08:39pm - Mar 4,20 
Eagle is the lake that everyone passes by.
They pass it by while moving right along to that glorious Ponderosa Lake just down the winding road a piece.
They pass it by for several reasons though.
It is the clearest, least fertile of all of the stripped-out mines, which can make it quite the challenge for many.
It has a reputation about it for not producing and that has always been just fine by a few and has been called by masses as “The Dead Sea.” Well there isn't anything bad about that.
The boat ramp is gravel and it is steep, which causes issues for some when retrieving their boats and some folk don’t like looking like fools in front of other anxious anglers with tapping feet. So next time in, they pass on frustration and pas it on by.
Once the upgrades are in place though, this dead sea will look much more inviting to those avoiders and this will bring pressure and all of the things that so many now do not know will certainly become known and what has happened to Ponderosa ……….

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:21pm - Mar 4,20 
Pezdek1-Yes you are correct.The downside is it will allow many more people that would not normally go there and create a negative problem.
Clay/gravel Road-That road keeps me away.I spent hours cleaning my truck!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:43am - Mar 5,20 
I mean, the way I see it, you aren't going to get some insane number of people going there now, as compared to before. The guys/gals who have always gone there will continue to go there, and you might get a few more due to better facilities. Not a big deal, IMO. It's not like the Mazonia pits are some kind of secret or anything. It will also make life easier for all of those who frequent them. So... I don't see the issue here.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » I-80 South
Jump to: