Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:48am - Feb 15,21 
went out yesterday to explore a couple of lakes ...drilled a bunch of holes ... fished a short time ..found very little weeds and marked very few fish ,, did catch 2 little gills ,,,, 5 inch ,,,,, short walks from the parking lot ,,,in my eyes not much hope that the 2 lakes will ever but worth fishing ...just a place people can walk their dogs <,, but I do enjoy exploring new lakes ....a lot of stocking and rule changes are needed to bring cook county lakes back !!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:24pm - Feb 15,21 
You must have been on my neighborhood lakes.Gave up after a couple tries.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 09:14pm - Feb 15,21 
Sometimes ya just gotta a put an end to the question "are there any fish in there" as you drive by a pond a million times. Exploring is fun, but most times not productive except you can now answer that question in your head with authority when you drive by next time. Drilled many ponds that were only a few feet deep and the largest fish they contained was about 3".

The search will continue I am sure, just got to ask a million more questions until it's time to answer them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:49pm - Feb 15,21 
Had similar experiences with cook county lakes (especially Busse). Lately been doing more lake county lakes and been having more success. Just went up to Leech lake for a family get away with a little bit of ice fishing. It was very hard to come back to the stocked swamps of Illinois.

John 21:10

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:12am - Feb 16,21 
Mhimes28 wrote:
Had similar experiences with cook county lakes (especially Busse). Lately been doing more lake county lakes and been having more success. Just went up to Leech lake for a family get away with a little bit of ice fishing. It was very hard to come back to the stocked swamps of Illinois.

have to disagree about illinois ...anything close to chicago and suburbs and northern illinois sucks .... try going down to central and southern illinois ..IDNR work hard to keep the fishing good ... IDNR dont care about northern ill ,,, to many people... cant keep up with all the poaching and keeping of small fish .. fishing just as good as Wisconsin and Michigan .... big bass big crappies and big gills down south southern ill .... you just have to spend time down there exploring ,,,,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29pm - Feb 16,21 
Point well taken, I think I need to do some more exploring on Google maps. If you have a any recommendations I’d be interested!

John 21:10

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:57am - Feb 17,21 
Mhimes28 wrote:
Point well taken, I think I need to do some more exploring on Google maps. If you have a any recommendations I’d be interested!

exploring sitting in front of a computer doesn't tell you whats in a lake .....I would give recommendations but all the other people that view this post would also know ... so I don't give recommendations .. do the work yourself !!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:34am - Feb 17,21 
Mhimes here are a few down south I fish and recommend. Central Il. Lake Shelbyville for all Species including Musky, South,Rend Lake for both Bass and Crappie along with Kincaid, Lake of Egypt, Crab Orchard, Little Grassy and Devils Kitchen are all Good Lakes. Look them up to check out if they hold the fish your looking for and see which one attracts you to visit. hunterman is correct when saying Central and Southern Il. is well worth fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Feb 17,21 
I live a stones throw from Independence grove in Lake County and it should be interesting to see how the fishing is this year. No boats at all last year and outside fishing near the parking lot I didn't see much pressure. With the lack of rental boats last year I think the fishing should be pretty good this spring/summer. My neighbor heads over there a few nights a week and does fairly well. I need to get over there and give it a try but its tough with a 3 and 5 year old plus we have our own pond that holds some decent fish. I'd much rather watch my kids fish now than catch them myself.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:27am - Feb 19,21 
BigB wrote:
I live a stones throw from Independence grove in Lake County and it should be interesting to see how the fishing is this year. No boats at all last year and outside fishing near the parking lot I didn't see much pressure. With the lack of rental boats last year I think the fishing should be pretty good this spring/summer. My neighbor heads over there a few nights a week and does fairly well. I need to get over there and give it a try but its tough with a 3 and 5 year old plus we have our own pond that holds some decent fish. I'd much rather watch my kids fish now than catch them myself.

Let me know if you ever want to meet up over there, I head over there now and then with my 4 year old :D

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: