Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23am - Jun 4,20 
Scouting some spots to bring my 2.5 year old fishing I stopped by wooddale grove. Had me think.

What’s the status of the trout? Will a lot of them die now that it is getting warm and they weren’t fished out like normal? Will this be a good year for ice fishing them? Just curious as to what we think the non opener will do the them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:20am - Jun 4,20 
There is no way they survive the Summer. Not only is the water gonna be 70*F+ from top to bottom, the dissolved Oxygen in the lakes is nowhere close to sufficient for trout.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:28am - Jun 4,20 
i was there at Grove Lake a week ago not a bite from 6-8 pm. I think just the smart ones are left. Lots of heavy weeds on South end and was muddy made it very difficult to fish . Parking lot on North end was closed then , i dont know about now. If you can get a spot on one of the 2 fishing piers you might stand a chance ? Knowing the attention span of a 3 year old, my best suggestion , is to go to Lake Julian in Cary off of rte 14. Its a trout farm open Wed.-thru Sunday, closed Mon. & Tues. If you put your big toe in the water you might lose it LOL ! My grandkids have a ball there , and for about $30 you can catch 4 or 5 trout, in no time, especially if you fish in the shade by the office. ! FYI when you drive thru FOX RIVER GROVE right after the McDonalds , 30 MPH means 30 Mph !!!!!

Have Fun <((((< :fly

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04am - Jun 4,20 
Thanks for the input. The 3 year old will be fine with bluegills at a local pond over here. I am wondering for dad to get some trout for the grill. Not big on the inland trout, but do like a few for the smoker and grill.

Board index » Lakes » Preserve Lakes
Jump to: