Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:24pm - Sep 7,18 
I've been fishing Chicago area the last 10 years and have been reasonably successful, but its about time I ventured north.
I would like to try Milwaukee, but would ask the group about where to park and fish. Don't need honey hole info, just the info
needed to help me get my line in the water. Thanks in advance!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:15am - Sep 8,18 
For the past 4 years I have fished out of Milwaukee trolling for Salmon and Trout. Fishing can be awesome! 2 weeks ago I caught a huge silver 28 lbs KIng. plus my limit.

I assume your looking where to fish from shore.
Their are always people fishing the pier right by the boat launch. You can park at McKinley Marina. address- 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr. Milwaukee.
Park in the designated areas by the boat launch. You can't miss the pier. If you walk all the way to the end of the pier you will see the entrance from the harbor to the lake. That's the North Gap and there are usually always fish in that approx. 70' gap.
If you go there and look to the west you will see a huge bridge going over the river. Another good spot is near that bridge. You will see a red light house anywhere along that wall is another good spot especially after the weather gets colder. There is parking right next to that wall.
Salmon and Trout fishing can be great I've seen lot's of guys reel in Whitefish as well. I've even hooked up with a huge Northern.

Hope this helps
Dave

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45am - Sep 10,18 
Thanks so much! That helps a lot. I'll be sure to post when I catch that Cheesehead 20# er!

Board index » Lake Michigan » Shore Fishing the Big Pond
Jump to: