Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:57pm - Oct 6,18 
Well now this day was not the most perfect day for a fishing trip that involved Daughter #1 and her son Dano boy, but the stars aligned and so we committed to what ever enjoyment we could squeeze out with the rain predicted.

Overcast with the barometer reading at it's lowest point before it's forecasted to rise, we set off. The sticks were loaded with tungsten jigs some tipped with plastic and a bit of red worm, other's were adorned with gulp alive and a few with live minnows just to see what those fish wanted to eat this day. All the fish were not overly hungry, but several of them did give us the enjoyment of playing tug-o-war with them for a wee bit. Their preference was clear, they wanted the gulp alive emerald shiner in the 1" version, served on a slow retrieve dropping into the depth of 20' where they were enjoying their morning. Both gills and a few crappie wanted to follow that slow swimming presentation before they would eat it. Rain.......yes it did, and a lot of it too. Ever see the rain come down so hard that the waves stop and just become bubbles on the surface. Today's rain was surely a cold one, even with rain gear on and water tight that cold did make it's presence known. Was a fun day as most all of them are at the pits.

This day would be most likely the last for our crew as the waterfowl season is about to begin and it's time to let our hunter friends use the lake. I wish them luck this year as I had a most enjoyable time floating about the water, sometimes catching, sometimes just a wondering.

Support Staff

Post Posted: 06:39pm - Oct 7,18 
Did you catch the water temperature Bill?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Oct 7,18 
Sorry, did not pay real close attention to the temps, I believe low 70` most everywhere we traveled. The rains would have a most profound cooling effect on it that would cause the boat temp reading to be somewhat inaccurate.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:49am - Oct 8,18 
Maybe some folks aren't a fan of autumn rains but I enjoy them, as long as I have rain gear. And you got some fish and family time. That's a memorable day in my book.

Board index » Species Specific » Panfish Anyone.....
Jump to: