Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:07am - Feb 5,19 
I was wondering who has luck with these flashers. Can anyone help me as far as lead length from flasher to fly. I've had some luck on them, but others do extremely well with this setup. Thanks for your help Todd

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:29pm - Feb 5,19 
1 1/2 length of dodger/flasher for leader to fly is a good starting point, longer for less swing.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 03:22pm - Feb 5,19 
Coho in the spring will have the feed bag on, and will hit most any type of small orange dodger/fly combo. Late spring/early summer is when I go with the action dodger set up. In summer, a little longer leader on a full size action dodger with a larger orange fly, is a killer set up on a slide diver for steelhead. :winker

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38am - Feb 9,19 
It's my understand that the length should be 2.5 to 3 times the flasher length.. I.E. a 6 inch Action flasher should have a fly 15 to 18 inches....... I see BULLDAWG post 1.5,,,,,, interesting......... Anyone else go that short??????????

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:31am - Feb 9,19 
x2 on what bulldawg said. sometimes even shorter.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:40pm - Feb 9,19 
Ski86

Have you ever run the Red Devil Sonic Dodgers?

There are times that these out fish my usual red OO Luhr Jensen flasher. A little bigger, but it gives off some type of vibration that makes a difference sometimes. Hard to come by since they are an old set up, but sometimes you can find them at a swap meet. I set mine with a lead of 1 1/2 the length of the dodger.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:50am - Feb 10,19 
Tom wrote:
Ski86

Have you ever run the Red Devil Sonic Dodgers?

There are times that these out fish my usual red OO Luhr Jensen flasher. A little bigger, but it gives off some type of vibration that makes a difference sometimes. Hard to come by since they are an old set up, but sometimes you can find them at a swap meet. I set mine with a lead of 1 1/2 the length of the dodger.

Tom

Had great success with the sonics. My go to for spring coho. You can still buy them but only in silver without the hles. Easy to drill the holes and repaint with some fire red or flouro red paint.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 12:03pm - Feb 10,19 
I use the action flashers with the same 18" leaders on my peanut flies that I use on my 00 Jensen dodgers. I usually run both and see what the fish prefer on that particular day. Some days the action flashers outperform the Jensens, some days it's the other way around.

Moonshine uses the same blanks as the sonic (minus the holes) for their super glow dodgers. Lake Michigan Angler has a nice variety of colors in stock.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:59pm - Mar 30,19 
TyeeII, I picked up one of the Moonshine dodgers today @ LMA. I'm going to drill some holes in it. Thanks for the picture of the old sonic. I'll report when I get the boat in the water. Won't be long now Thanks for the INFO. By the way Frank gave a GREAT 3 Hr. class today @ LMA I learned some more techniques and reasons for why we do what we do.

Board index » Lake Michigan » Salmon/Trout
Jump to: